I'm so excited to share that we just locked picture on Daniel. Noah. less than three weeks after wrapping principal photography!
I chose to edit this film myself, in part to cut costs—but also because I wanted the edit to reflect the vision I had when writing the script. That's not to say I didn't kill any darlings or that the tone didn't evolve from conception to completion. But the film is personal, and there was a certain deadpan quality to the dialogue that I wanted to make sure wasn't lost.
I used Final Cut Pro X, a vastly underrated and much maligned tool without which I could never have finished the project in such a short timeframe. Here's the timeline of every cut in the finished film:
Next up is color grading and sound design!